Saturday, January 9, 2021

Bout of Books 2021 - Day 6

Today was a quiet day of relaxation and intensive reading. I'll admit that I read more than 30 minutes, more like all day. 

This charming book East by Edith Pattou is written for teens and is a retelling of Andrew Lang's "East of the Sun, West of the Moon" fairy tale. East is definitely written for children, definitely a chapter book. Unfortunately, there are no pictures.


I just loved how the fairy tale unfolded. There's a second book in entitled West that I'm looking forward to reading. It's the continuing adventures of Rose and her prince who was once a polar or white bear. 

Why read another children's book? I'm reviewing the second for the Ohioana Library Association Quarterly http://www.ohioana.org and wanted to know what the first book was about.  

You can read my review on Goodreads here https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/3759149702

Tomorrow, I'm delving into something short, I think. You'll have to wait until then to see what I picked.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment