Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Bout of Books 2021 - Day 3

 Happy Wednesday to all of you. It’s the third day of the Bout of Books Read-a-thon and I’ve just finished another 30 minutes of uninterrupted immersion into another wonderful book.  


Yesterday’s book The Sea in Winter by Christine Day, written for tweens, was a quick and interesting read. Here’s the review I’ve posted on Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/3739920061

Today, I dove into  Separate No More: The Long Road to Brown v. Board of Education” by Lawrence Goldstone. It’s the perfect book learn about Voters’ rights, especially the fight for equality by and for African Americans. I didn’t realize that the NAACP was founded in 1909 and was run by whites and blacks. 

The book also talks about injustices and inequality in living conditions, housing, and wages, as well as the military. Throughout the book, I’m struck by the racism. A book for today and tomorrow.

I haven’t finished reading the book yet, so no full review. 

Tomorrow, I’ll dip into something else. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment