Friday, January 8, 2021

Bout of Books 2021 - Day 5

 Today, I’ve selected a lovely illustrated edition of Aesop’s fables and reread it with delight. It has not only morals but also fabulous woodcuts and engravings by famous late 19th / early 20th century illustrators.  I’ve included images of the cover and two pages spreads.


 

Here's my review on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/3756874860

So far, the reading-in-place readathon has taught me that I have lots of different types of books, that it's important to take time each day to read, to meditate, and to explore the writings of others. On top of that, I've been enjoying writing about what I'm reading and  thinking about.

What will I read tomorrow? I have no idea but I'm bound to find something on my shelves.

Don't forget to read today!

No comments:

Post a Comment